How would you like to deploy your experience and expertise in the field of quality in an attractive position in an international company? The position of Quality Manager at C&D Foods (Denmark) A/S may be just the thing for you.
About the position and your tasks
The Quality Manager is responsible for quality in the factory in Esbjerg. The principal duties of the Quality Manager are to ensure food safety and quality, to forestall complaints and to develop the system and procedures for quality management. The Quality Manager will be part of the factory’s management team with a wide range of contacts: for example, members of the local Danish food council, external laboratories, customers and various suppliers.
On the basis of cooperation with the production staff, the Quality Manager must ensure that all employees are 100% aware of food safety and hygiene. You will guarantee the quality of the foods produced, ensuring that staff understand what quality means and produce the appropriate documentation. You will report on a regular basis to the factory’s management team about development.
You will be in charge of a staff of 10 in the quality department. It is their job to drive development vis-à-vis implementation and maintenance of food safety in accordance with BRC requirements. This includes maintenance of manuals, self-inspection programmes and descriptions of workflows to ensure a high standard of hygiene and food safety. You must guarantee that at all times C&D Foods complies with internally defined requirements, customer requirements and applicable legislation.
Your principal areas of responsibility will be to:
- Guarantee that C&D Foods complies with applicable legislation at all times.
- Maintain both HACCP and C&D Foods’ BRC certification.
- Work together with R&D to introduce new products, control quality in their production process and discuss food safety, packaging etc. with customers.
- Report to management and proactively come up with relevant proposals for improving quality and food safety.
- Lead and implement relevant internal audit procedures.
- Optimise and maintain the quality management system.
- Train staff.
- Hire and fire staff in close collaboration with the HR department.
- Form part of the management team and serve as an active, expert sounding board for them.
- Manage the quality department.
You are probably a food technology, dairy engineering, chemical engineering graduate or equivalent, with a number of years’ experience as the manager of a quality department. Experience in the food industry will be an obvious advantage.
You are excellent at working together with others. Once you have formed an opinion, you stick to it and succeed in getting staff to work appropriately. You keep a cool head in most situations and you can oversee a complicated manufacturing process without compromising on quality.
You work systematically, you have great sense of responsibility, you always follow up meticulously on tasks in progress and you see your own projects through. You are familiar with Microsoft Office suite and can work with ERP systems and quality control systems. Last but not least, your written and spoken skills in both Danish and English are flawless.
All applications will be processed confidentially on an on-going basis. If this position grabs your interest, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Apply for the position by uploading your application letter and CV below.
Let’s start talking
If you perceive a potential match between your wishes and the job description, let’s start talking. You are more than welcome to call Jonas Jørgensen, Senior Consultant, Pay-Back specialist rekruttering on (+45) 3152 8191 or email him at email@example.com.
C&D Foods (Denmark) A/S is part of the Irish group C&D Foods. Its production facilities in 7 countries make it one of the largest private label producers of dog and cat food in Europe. The factory in Esbjerg has a workforce of about 300 employees and an annual turnover of around DKK 700 million. C&D Foods in Esbjerg is the group’s largest producer of dog and cat food in aluminium trays.
Vilkår og formålet med dataindsamlingen
Når du søger en stilling, accepterer du samtidig vilkårene for anvendelse af dine personoplysninger, som er beskrevet her: Formålet med at indsamle og opbevare personlige data er at vurdere og kontakte kandidater, som er interesserede og kvalificerede til nuværende eller kommende ledige stillinger, som skal besættes.
- Du accepterer at dit CV og ansøgning kan videregives til vores klient.
- Du kan til enhver tid bede os slette dine data ved henvendelse via denne mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Efter 24 måneder vil dine data automatisk blive slettet.
- Du bedes slette/overstrege dit CPR-nr. i alle de dokumenter, som du vil uploade (eksamensbevis etc.).
- Pay-Back specialist rekruttering ApS er godkendt af datatilsynet til indsamling og behandling af persondata. Uploadede filer skal være i Word eller PDF format og må max fylde 2MB pr. fil.